Cotter Athletic Registration
Spring registration is now open! All students in grades 7-12 wishing to participate in spring sports need to complete the registration. If you need assistance to set up your registration account, please view the explanations at the bottom of this page.
Click here to register for spring athletic programs!
Spring Meeting: March 7 @ 6:00
Baseball - Centennial Gym
Softball - Team Room
Tennis - 2nd floor JNC
Track - Gostomski Gym
Starting in 2016, you can purchase your Rambler Cards online. By purchasing these cards, you support Cotter Athletics through this Booster Club fundraiser. The Booster Club supports our programs by purchasing uniforms, equipment, scoreboards, and other essentials that enable our athletics to thrive. Thank you very much for supporting Cotter! Also, by purchasing your cards online, you will receive a bonus card free.
Click here to purchase your Rambler Cards online!
1. Create a Sports Engine Account - Username / Password
If you do not have a Sports Engine account:
1. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on “Sign Up”.
2. Input all required info and click “Create Account”. Your password must be 8 characters in length or greater.
3. A verification email will be sent. Check the email you provided for this and click on the link that is sent. You only need one account per family if you have multiple children participating in athletics at Cotter.
4. Read information on Welcome page, and continue to registration.
2. Complete Registration Process for Student Online
If you have a Sports Engine account/once your account is created:
1. Select “A New Student”, enter first and last name. Then click continue.
2. Proceed through the registration process by entering all required info and agreeing to policies.
3. When you reach the sports physical page, you can:
a. Upload your student’s most recent physical if the Activities Office does not have it on file.
b. Choose not to upload the physical and hand in a hard copy to the Activities Office. Physical forms can be downloaded from the registration website.
c. Choose not to upload if the Activities Office has a physical on file that is up to date within the last (3) three years.
4. Make sure student athlete is present to read and e-sign all MSHSL paperwork and forms.
3. Register more than one student (if applicable)
1. If you are registering more than one student for athletics this fall, there is a link at the last page of registration to 'register another student.' You can also return to the first page of registration, log in and continue.
2. Some of the registration will auto-fill once you complete the first registration. Please make sure to read through and change any necessary information for the second/third/etc. student you are registering. The student information will be unique, along with the health and physical pieces and e-signatures.
5. Confirmation from Activities Office
1. Once you complete registration, you will receive an email from Sports Engine confirming your student’s registration. Your student is NOT cleared to participate in athletics until the Activities Office reviews the registration and sends you a confirmation email.
2. The Activities Office will cross reference documents and sports physical on file to make sure student is cleared to participate in athletics.
3. Please do not email/call Activities Office about physical date on file for a student. Register online first, then we will check and confirm with that information. See below for sports physical information.
6. Once confirmed from the Activities Office, your student is ready for practice!
Click here to view 2016-2017 MSHSL Forms
Sports Qualifying Physical Exams
Cotter Schools requires ALL students participating in athletic events to have a Sports Qualifying Physical Exam (SQPE) on file in the Activities Office. Sports Qualifying Physical Exams are valid for three calendar years to the date of the physical exam.
While the State High School League only requires these exams for participating students in grade 9-12, we strongly believe that it is in the best interest of the health and safety of our students to require physical exams for all of our participating student-athletes at Cotter.
This will be mandated for all of our student-athletes, including boarding and co-op students for the 2015-2016 school year. Please make sure to schedule your physical exams in July before athletic registration begins for fall sports. No student will be eligible to participate without a valid physical exam on file in the Activities Office.
Q: Where can I find the Sports Qualifying Physical Exam form for the 2016-2017 season?
A: The form for this school year can be found on our activities website here.
Q: What if my student does not attend Cotter Schools, but participates on a Cotter athletic team?
A: We will need a physical on file of ANY student participating in Cotter Athletics.
Q: Is this the form that should be used and filled out by a physician?
A: Yes. This form should be printed by you, and brought to the doctor's office.
Q: I have a returning Cotter student-athlete who has a physical on file. Is the physical for my son/daughter valid for this school year?
A: The Activities Office will be sending out emails this summer to those families who have physicals that will expire this school year.
Q: What if I have a son/daughter entering 7th, 8th or 9th grade? Do they have a physical on file in the Activities Office?
A: We have some physicals on file for 7th, 8th and 9th grade students. We expect many families will have to submit a new physical to the Activities Office prior to the fall sports season.
Q: What happens if a physical on file expires during a sports season?
A: The Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) states that the physicals are valid for three years to the calendar date. If a physical expires during a sports season, the student-athlete would become immediately ineligible to play on that date until a new physical is on file in the Activities Office. The easiest way to avoid this is to update the physical at the beginning of the school year if it expires anytime during that school year.
Q: How do I turn in my physical to the Activities Office?
A: The Activities Office (360 Vila St.) will accept Sports Qualifying Physical Exams once registration begins for fall sports. There will likely be an electronic way to scan and upload the physical during registration, or the physical forms can be dropped off at our office. More information to come later in the summer.