INFORMATION & UPDATES
All spring and early summer activities, events, and practices are cancelled and Cotter buildings (John Nett Rec Center, St. Teresa Hall, and St. Cecilia Hall) are presently closed. Summer programs and camps are cancelled until at least July 5, 2020.
For the most recent communication from administration re: plans for Fall 2020, read this letter.
This page will continue to be updated as information changes and becomes available. Please continue to check this page regularly. Stay Cotter Strong!
Students and teachers began e-learning the week of March 23rd. Parents, please assess your family’s need for additional help with technology so that each student can have access to a computer for at least 3 hours a day for all students in grades 4-12. If you are in need of a technology device for your student's use at home, please contact Dave Forney. Guidelines for online learning can be found here at student guidelines.
We recognize the financial and economic implications of a time like this on all of us. We want to assure you that we will make every accommodation to adjust your tuition payments, if necessary. If you need help with this, please email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Helping You 2 Hurry Back” is another assistance program being offered by Hurry Back Productions.
What We Are Doing
- Our Maintenance staff have thoroughly cleaned our classrooms on all of our campuses. They will use these coming days to clean and sanitize the gyms, the weight room, and other areas.
- We have contacted the families of our Cotter boarding students and some of them will be returning home now, while flights are still available. Others have chosen to remain here, and we will maintain food service, cleaning services, transportation, and supervision for those who stay.
- We will continue to pay our faculty and staff as long as possible. They will be “on duty,” but may be working from home.
- Counseling services are available for our students by contacting our counselors directly. See this letter for further details.
- All large group events and outside group events (concerts, theater productions, sporting events) are cancelled for the foreseeable future. We are currently revisioning our Cotter Auction event and will have additional information to share in the upcoming weeks.
- Construction of the Roger Bacon building and the John Nett will continue as much as possible.
- Here is a list of community service ideas from Mrs. Corcoran to complete during the closure.
We know that with financial challenges, there are food challenges. We would like to be able to provide families in need with additional help for buying groceries. If you or someone you know needs help, please call "Cotter Cares" at 507-429-7027 or send an email to email@example.com.
If you are in a position to help, please consider making a donation to the Cotter Cares Fund by making a donation here “Cotter Cares Fund”. We will buy gift cards and distribute them to those in need. Thank you!
- Engage Winona Community Resources
- Request form for food assistance - Neighbors Helping Neighbors: click here
- Food and/or lunch offerings
- Blooming Grounds downtown is offering free bag lunches every day for those in need.
- Perkins is offering lunch for children ages 12 and under each day from 11am-2pm.
- Winona Family Restaurant for children ages 12 and under.
- Winona Volunteer Services food shelf
- Winona Area Chamber of Commerce community COVID-19 page
- Engage Winona Community Resources
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors - Volunteer Form: click here.
- Computer or Wi-Fi hot spot for your student
- HBC (888-474-9995) & Charter/Spectrum (844-488-8395) are offering free internet for those in need during this time.
- Childcare for first responders or medical personnel: Contact Christine Nichols at Educare
- Winona Neighbors Helping Neighbors
- Winona COVID-19 Community Info Hub
- Calm: Take A Deep Breath - meditations, stories, music
- Stories.audible. com - free online audible books
- Cotter Campus Ministry information
- Cathedral of the Sacred Heart, Winona - parish website, online mass options
- St. Mary's Parish, Winona - parish website, online mass options
- Mass at home - resource for adults and children while following a live stream Mass at home
- A Family's Guide to Watching Mass Remotely
- How to practice our faith from home
- "Be Not Afraid Conference" - videos with Catholic speakers. New video posted daily
- Youth Group Event - a live youth group event every Sunday night, hosted by Project YM
- Reconciliation - reflection by Pope Francis while in isolation
- A prayer service outline for your home - for your family on Sundays