Allyssa Williams, Winona Cotter’s #5, attacking center midfielder and top senior in the Three Rivers Conference, was recently selected as one of five 2022 Ms. Soccer finalists at a banquet held at the St. Paul Civic Center on Sunday, October 23, 2022. The banquet is sponsored annually by The Minnesota State High School Soccer Coaches Association.
Allyssa was selected as the Three Rivers Conference Player of the Year and completes her High School Soccer career with several Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) records (unofficial) including:
- 1st in the State with 76 career assists
- 6th in the State with 164 career points (goals and assists combined)
- 1st in the State for season assists with 33
- Tied for 5th place with 60 season points,
- 2nd in the State for 6 assists in a single game
- Tied for 3rd in the State with 9 points in a single game
Cotter Girls Soccer Coach Marie Barrientos describes Allyssa as “a six-year varsity player who is a dynamic, creative, attacking midfielder with a pristine first touch and the ability to hit holes and shots before they are even open. She is a "straight A" student who is a leader on and off the field, in and out of season and plays with a heart of a champion. Allyssa plans to play in college and is still deciding on the right place to continue her soccer career.”
Congratulations to Allyssa Williams on such a successful soccer career and season, for your selection as a Ms. Soccer Finalist and representing Cotter in such a positive way!